After 9 years as a dating coach, there are times that I’m tempted to say that I’ve heard it all.
But I’ll be the first to admit, I hadn’t heard anything until I asked you to submit your Worst Date Ever in order to win a free year of FOCUS Coaching.
I know you’re excited to vote on the Worst Dates Ever, but before you do, take a second to read what you can learn from other women’s laughable experiences.
1) Men are pervs.
Now this isn’t news. In fact, a central tenet of my dating coaching philosophy is that “men look for sex and find love”. Yet the number of men who moved too fast physically literally DOUBLED any other type of worst date.
Here’s the tally, from over 200 submissions:
- Moved too fast physically – 33
- Didn’t look like photos/lied about age – 15
- Cheap – 15
- Forgot wallet – 9
- Hit on/commented on other women – 9
- Moving too fast emotionally – 5
- Drunk – 4
- Abandoned you – 4
- Emerged naked from bedroom – 3
- His ex-girlfriend approached you on the date – 3
- Ejaculated on you – 3
Amazing stuff, huh? While there were some really over-the-top dates in the above categories, none of them can be the winner.
After all, how do you choose between three DIFFERENT instances of men surprisingly ejaculating on you when you weren’t even getting intimate?
That’s right. You can’t. The 10 Finalists are even freakier than the above entries.
2) Cheapness really, really, bothers you.
If a guy doesn’t pay for the check, you’re not only turned off, but it somehow goes down as the worst date in history.
I can appreciate the notion of chivalry, but until you’ve had a guy unknowingly jack off on your pants, getting stuck with the check doesn’t even put you in the same ballpark as our finalists.
3) What didn’t qualify for the Top 10:
If someone else had the exact same story as you…
If your nightmare date resulted in a boyfriend. (This happened a few times)
If it was genuinely threatening. This is supposed to be a light-hearted contest where we can laugh at the embarrassing foibles of clueless men. Some of your bad dates sound like police reports. So while they’re awful, they’re also big downers. Sorry, but it’s not the right tone for this contest.
4) What you can learn without even joining FOCUS Coaching
Awkward people are commonplace.
Sexually backwards men are commonplace.
Bad dates are commonplace.
Not my opinion. Fact.
So, while I think it’s wonderful that we can laugh at this stuff together, I was dismayed at the number of women who confided that they gave up on dating or online dating or men, simply because of one date with a freak.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: giving up on dating after a bad date is like going on a hunger strike after a bad meal. It’s short sighted, it’s dangerous, and it will never leave you satisfied.
The next guy has nothing to do with the last guy.
Laugh it off. Move along.
That’s literally all you can do.
Without further ado, here are the Top 10 Finalists for Worst Date Ever.
Remember, you only get ONE vote, so choose carefully.
The Top 3 vote-getters will get a year’s worth of FOCUS Coaching, which includes:
- Access to my bestselling book, Why He Disappeared
- A monthly interactive Q&A with me on a specific dating topic.
- A Community with hundreds of other smart, strong, successful women.
- A Forum where you can ask me your most pressing relationship questions.
- A monthly CD/newsletter recap shipped to your home each month.
- Discounts on all of my products: e-Cyrano, Finding the One Online, & the Inner Circle.
FOCUS Coaching is $47/month, which is an incredible bargain for the personal attention, insight and value you receive.
The Top 3 winners will get an entire year of FOCUS Coaching for FREE.
Click here to enjoy a laugh and vote for the Worst Date Ever, to give 3 women the gift of a lifetime!