Had lunch yesterday with an amazing entrepreneur, Kristin Moore, who is the founder of a site that designs witty t-shirts that signal that you’re single. I’d met her at my friend Dr. Alex Benzer’s book signing last week, and she mentioned to me over my tuna wrap that she also has a blog.
Kristin put some of Dr. Alex’s advice into practice, performing a social experiment of sorts: how many men would she meet if she sent out a ton of non-verbal signals one night?
Well, I checked it out and saw that Kristin put some of Dr. Alex’s advice into practice, performing a social experiment of sorts: how many men would she meet if she sent out a ton of non-verbal signals one night?
The answer was illuminating. But first, check out the signals she was instructed to use:
1. Smiling at him broadly
2. Throwing him a short, darting glance
3. Dancing alone to the music
4. Looking straight at him and flipping hair
5. Keeping a fixed gaze on him
6. Looking at him, tossing head, then looking back
7. “Accidently” brushing up against him
8. Nodding at him
9. Pointing to a chair and inviting him to sit
10. Tilting head and touching exposed neck
11. Licking lips during eye contact
12. Primping while keeping eye contact
13. Parading close with exaggerated hip movement
14. Asking for his help with something
15. Tapping something to get his attention
16. Patting his buttocks
They’re not all subtle, but studies say they are effective. Sure enough, Kristen had 4 guys approach her and ask for her number in one night. Consider this the next time you say “no guys hit on me”, okay?
More importantly, have an amazing weekend. I’m celebrating my birthday with my wife and friends on the beach in Santa Monica and will do everything in my power not to think of work while I’m there…